March 7th, 2018

It’s a New Year: Writing Challenges and Rewards in 2018

Before I begin this post, I have to share that my book cover for P.R.I.S.M. took second place in the Young Adult category of the JABBIC Contest, sponsored by our own Julie Glover’s RWA Houston Bay Area chapter!

At the beginning of every year, as the resident science and science fiction geek here at WITS, […]

January 5th, 2018

Essential Writing Advice as You Begin the New Year

Every writer, whether they’re starting the journey or standing atop the bestseller lists, feels like a hack at some point. Like an imposter, a phony, a gigantic fakeball loser. It might happen once a month or once an hour. The point is, it will happen.

Woody Allen says “80% of success is showing up.” The other 20% of […]

December 30th, 2011

7 New Year’s Resolution Ideas For Writers

by Charlotte Carter

Here we are looking 2012 right smack in the face. If you’re like millions of other people, you’re making resolutions about losing weight and exercising more. Chances are good that 90% of those resolutions will be broken or forgotten by the end of January.

If you are a writer, published or unpublished, […]