January 5th, 2018

Essential Writing Advice as You Begin the New Year

Every writer, whether they’re starting the journey or standing atop the bestseller lists, feels like a hack at some point. Like an imposter, a phony, a gigantic fakeball loser. It might happen once a month or once an hour. The point is, it will happen.

Woody Allen says “80% of success is showing up.” The other 20% of […]

January 25th, 2012

What to Look for in 2012–No Ouija Board Required

by Fae Rowen

Let me offer this disclaimer first: Even though I’ve spent a lot of hours researching this particular blog, it is purely for entertainment purposes. Take what resonates with you, what you find fun (or funny), what you can use to construct your personal, unique understanding of this information. I want to thank […]

January 4th, 2012

Can Looking Back Provide Inspiration For Your Future?

By Laura Drake

Christmas is over. Wrapping paper is put away, tarnished tinsel flashes on the Christmas trees at the curb, awaiting trash pickup. I don’t want to hear a Christmas carol for at least another eleven months.

Now everyone is looking ahead, to 2012. You’re not going to be able to avoid thinking about […]