October 11th, 2015

Write Up a Storm TOMORROW!

Please join us for Write Up a Storm II tomorrow (October 12th)!

Write Up a Storm

We're writing up a storm from 4:00 a.m. to midnight PDT.

Twenty hours (almost) of opportunities to connect with others, meet goals, and get your words "on paper." If you haven't signed up, do it now! Just click any link in this post or the graphic above.

We'll be writing from the top of every hour for fifty minutes. In the interest of health, we've planned a ten minute break at the end of every hour for walking around and other physical necessities. (If you need to work on a different schedule, say around breaks and lunch at work, that's fine. Keep track of your progress and, when you get a chance, let us know how you're doing.)

During that ten-minute break, you're welcome to post your word or page counts and anything else in the comment section here at the blog or on our Facebook Event page. We'll tally numbers and post them as often as we're able. End of the day tally will be here by Tuesday.

We're hoping for at least a novel's worth of combined word count.

You can commit to hours or only a fifteen minute block of writing time. Just follow through on your goal. That's how you finish a book. And today is a chance to make headway on finishing your book. As Laura Drake says, "You can't sell a book if you haven't finished one."

Here's your dance card:

Laura Drake will start the party from 4-8 am. The coffee will be flowing.

Orly Konig-Lopez will be onboard from 8 am to noon. (And yes, more coffee!)

Jenny Hansen will be playing Eighties flashback videos at the top of each hour from 12-4 pm.

Fae Rowen is taking the evening drive time from 4-9 pm.

Jenny Hansen is running the Night Owl party from 9 pm to midnight.

So let's support each other and make this fun. Writing is, by nature, a solitary endeavor. That doesn't mean you have to feel alone. Join us. Tomorrow's the day.

Write Up A Storm. (click to sign up)

We're looking forward to hearing about your experiences in the comments!

~ Fae, Jenny, Laura and Orly

20 responses to “Write Up a Storm TOMORROW!”

1. Leta McCurry says:

I'm in - if this constitutes sign up

• Jenny Hansen says:

Leta, if you're not on Facebook, this is how you do it! If you are on Facebook, just click on the graphic and hit the "Join" button on the events page so you can share some of the fun.

Wishing you lots of wonderful words tomorrow!

2. ebedigian says:

Hi Jenny, What a great idea! I'm in as well.
    Elaine Bedigian

3. C. K. Crouch says:

I'll probably join y'all about noon Texas time or thereabouts. I am a night owl and hate early morning. See y'all there to post 🙂 PS I shared on FB and Twitter.

4. thewriteedge says:

Oh, I so wish I could join! I have a kid at home for Columbus Day, and that means writing when I can snatch a few minutes out of the air. [Sigh.] Hopefully next year.

5. Good morning everyone! I have to run one son to school and one son to a soup kitchen to volunteer, so I will miss for 7:00-8:30 or 9:00 EST.

Word count 6:00-7:00a.m. = 430

~~Dianne

6. […] forget to visit the Write Up a Storm event happening TODAY from 4 am to […]

7. S.K. Lamont says:

This is so exciting! I was getting so behind in my word writing goals last week, this is just the motivation I need! Thank you so much! I also shared on FB and Twitter 🙂

8. Jenny Hansen says:

Laura's totals from the early birds:

Okay, here's the Early Bird total word count! *drum roll*
    9,794!
    We're few, but we're mighty! WTG!

I can't wait to see what Orly's group checks in with, but we are well on our way to a novella's worth of words. KEEP GOING!

9. Jenny Hansen says:

Orly just checked in with word count from the late morning group - Holy cowbell!

Wow, you guys ... 16,802 words over the last 4 hours. Amazing!!!!!

10. Jenny Hansen says:

The afternoon totals are in!

Holy wow, y'all. I just added up the totals for our afternoon people and we wrote 33,415 words. OHMYGAWD, I'm so proud of all of you!!!!

If you're curious about the breakdown:

Hour 1 – 9818
    Hour 2 – 9287
    Hour 3 – 9894
    Hour 4 – 4416

11. C. K. Crouch says:

I forgot and have been working on homework all evening. Just now working on the writing.

12. Jenny Hansen says:

The update from Fae Rowen:

Thank you for keeping me company during the last five hours in the writing trenches. You rock! Our total for the 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Write Up A Storm II is (*long drum roll*) 17,557!

Can't wait to see what the Night Owls produce.

Thanks for making today a success. You rock!

13. Jenny Hansen says:

There were only a few of us Night Owls, but we were MIGHTY. The count for the last 3 hours is 7580. That brings the final total to 85148!!!

Way to Write Up a Storm, y'all!

2014-2018

Enter your email address to subscribe to new posts by email.

Join 6,980 other subscribers