7 years ago, we posted our first blog. We could have never imagined where WITS would be today. We just heard, in fact, we made the Writers Digest Top 101 Blogs for Writers again this year (pause for squee) and that's thanks to you, our faithful readers. So today, YOU get the present - but before that, I thought we'd take a quick rundown of our most popular posts from the past, in case you missed them:
- Are Your Characters Stylin'? - Descriptive Fashion Phrases and Terms
- Writing About Hair - This and Thin Descriptions
- Submission Tip Checklist
- Writer's Guide to Twitter Pitch Contests
- Genres Explained - by Literary Agents
- Diving Deep into Deep POV
- How to Pitch your Self Published Book to an Agent
- Sexual Tension - It's All in Your Head
- 10 Best Scrivener Features
- Organize Your Novel with Excel
We strive to deliver cutting edge content to writers of all skill levels, so we hope you hang with us for the next seven years!
And now, on to the presents -
Pimp & Promote!
How does this work?
To quote the genie in Aladdin, “There are a few provisos, a couple of quid-pro-quos…"
Pimp out somebody else’s work – this can be a favorite author, blogger, post or book you’ve read, a wonderful teacher or just someone who had profound influence on you as a writer or a person. Please limit your comments to one work.
Promote one of your projects that you’re excited about – a hobby, a blog, a book, or a new direction your writing is taking you. You decide. Just tell us about it in the comments! (Please restrain your enthusiasm to just one of your WIPs.) The rest of us will jump in and “ooooh and ahh” at you, and likely promote your project even further because we’re just so darn excited today.
If you really want to ace this P&P thing, do both...